Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pardon My Progress

Pin It
Soooo... I haven't posted anything in awhile,
And I would like to give excuse by sharing a quote from the wise, Jodi, at Sew Fearless,










"Christmas: when crafts blogs go silent."






I have been ITCHING to share some photos of the crafts that have been keeping me so busy...
but it will have to wait until after Christmas...
I'm buried under fabric in my studio right now. January will definitely be the month of cleaning and organizing that space, as well as replenishing my stash for my Etsy shop.

But for now: CHRISTMAS, and I am having SO MUCH FUN making gifts for everyone.

I can't give anything away to the recipients just yet, though, so you're left with vague close ups of crafting supplies.



Not to worry (I know you were). All will be revealed in due time, and I promise to get some cool tutorials up.



Some of the gifts turned out great, and I am PSYCHED about it.
Others, I guess I'll have to secretly post to Craft Fail. :)


In the meantime, here's something that will change your life for the better:
My mom's (grandmothers?) pecan tart recipe, a bite sized taste of my sweet home, Georgia,
which, by the way, is the leading domestic source of pecans. Eat that, Texas.


but I digress...

Here's the recipe. It's simple. It's awesome. Enjoy.

Cream 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter and 1 package (3 oz.) of cream cheese, softened. Add 2 cups of sifted flour. Using mini muffin pans, shape 1 tsp. of dough into each cup and press into the sides, making a little cup shape. Flute the edges with a fork if you're feeling ambitious... I was not.

In a bowl mix together 3/4 C. brown sugar, 1 egg, 1 tsp. vanilla, and 2/3 C. pecans.
Put a tiny bit of filling in each dough cup (it will rise a little).

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 250 degrees and bake for 10 minutes more. Remove to a rack to cool.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your feedback! I would love to hear what you have to say.

If you are entering a comment for a giveaway, please be sure to post a comment for EACH entry where more than one entry qualify. Thanks!