Friday, January 11, 2013

Crocheted Newborn Slipper Update

Pin It


 

 
 
 
 
 
Hello everyone!
 
I've gotten comments, emails, face to face convos, and smoke signals that some of you are having a difficult time with the crocheted newborn slippers.
 
Because I am a benevolent ruler (of this blog, anyway),
I've added some step-by-step pictures to the pattern
as well as instructions for making a HDCD (half double crochet decrease).
 
My guess is that many of you were not crocheting down the back of the chain in the first round so you were getting a big loop or tube instead of an oval for the sole.
 
I'm also guessing that some of you were doing a HDC (half double crochet) and not a HDCD (half double crochet decrease).
 
These are guesses as I can't really tell from your (some VERY detailed) descriptions.
So hopefully these pictures help! :)
 
To go to the pattern for the slippers (with pics! yay!), click here.
 
To go to the pattern for the hat, click here.

1 comment:

Please leave your feedback! I would love to hear what you have to say.

If you are entering a comment for a giveaway, please be sure to post a comment for EACH entry where more than one entry qualify. Thanks!